What’s in the Pack? Course participants are always keen to know what to take for their adventures. So, in the first of a very occasional series, here’s what Paul carries on a typical scrambling day (for higher grade scrambles where the use of a rope is anticipated). Please note that the amount of clothing taken varies according to conditions and time of year…..
Here’s the list in roughly clockwise direction…..
2. Food & drink
3. Map & guidebook (he often takes the guidebook info on his phone)
4. Spare clothes (waterproofs, spare warm layer, hat and gloves as a minimum)
5. Rope (usually 35 metres of single rated rope)
7. Protection hardware
8. Bothy shelter
9. First aid kit
10. Abseil tat
12. Suncream (depending on weather)
13. Headtorch & spare batteries
14. Sunglasses (depending on weather)
15. Personal Locator Beacon
16. Mobile Phone (not in photo)
Posted by Cal