Osprey Gamping Challenge
It's great to see all the creative ways people are staying busy during these challenging times and lots of businesses are dreaming up some great ways for us to share the outdoors.....while largely having to stay indoors! We'll be sharing some of these ideas via our website and social media channels to keep you busy and entertained.
Our friends at Osprey sent us details of this great little competition this morning and we thought this should be the first - it looks like great fun and, considering the lovely weather recently, might inspire people to enjoy some outdoor garden adventures (although you can do this inside too).
For the Gamping Challenge Osprey are inviting you to share your garden or indoor camping set up via some images on Facebook or Instagram using #GampingChallenge and to follow @ospreyeurope. Even better, the best set up will win an Osprey hiking bundle ready for when you are back out enjoying the hills and mountains.
They have even provided these handy tips so you can make the most of the experience.....
- Download an astronomy app like Skyview to observe the night sky; there’s a whole world out there that you can explore from your own garden
- Now’s the perfect time to start planning your next adventure, take some inspiration from our athletes and ambassadors
- Surely it’s never too early to get the BBQ out – check out Camping With Style for some tasty recipe ideas for the campfire
- If you’re camping with kids (or big kids), don’t forget to bring the entertainment. Use colourful t-shirts or pillow cases to map out your own Twister mat
- You’d be amazed at the nature in your own garden, download an app like iNaturalist to identify the flora and fauna in your garden
- Check out the National Trust’s tips for DIY den building
- Forget the house is just steps away and bring everything you need, that means extra layers, games, food and drinks
- If you don’t have a garden, you don’t need much more than a table and a sheet to make your own living room camping set up
We can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Thanks Osprey Europe.
Look out for some more ideas soon......
Posted by Cal