Hill Walking and Scrambling Kit
- Rucksack (around 40 litres with a plastic liner bag)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Walking boots and socks (including spare socks) – see additional advice below.
- Thermal base layer (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
- Fleece mid layer
- Mountain trousers
- Hat and gloves
- Lunch and drink
- Small torch
- Spare food
- Spare warm layer
- Sunglasses and sun cream
- Compass (Silva type 4 is perfect if you’re buying one)
- Maps of area we are visiting (1:25,000 ordnance survey)
- Watch (with stopwatch facility for navigation courses)
- Personal first aid and medication
- Money for a pub stop at the end of the day!
Additional information for scrambling courses
We provide all specialised climbing equipment including harnesses, helmets and climbing hardware but if you have your own feel free to bring them along.
We will always use Peak Mountaineering’s own ropes.
- Extra thermal leggings and top (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
- Thermos flask
- Small penknife
- Trekking poles
- Water filtration devise - we recommed Squeeze Water Filtration System from sawyereurope.com
Additional overnight kit for our hillwalking expeditions
- Sleeping bag
- Insulating mat
- Food for the duration of the trip
- Stove, pans and fuel
- Spare clothing and socks
- Water container
- Toilet paper (we’ll bring a trowel and lighter for safe disposal!)
Some of these items can probably be shared and we’ll discuss this prior to departure.