Technical Advice and Consultancy
At Peak Mountaineering we offer a high quality technical advice and consultancy service suitable for outdoor education businesses, schools, the film industry and commercial businesses. This is a vital part of our work and we know the importance of giving clear, common sense advice in line with current best practice and legislation.
Paul currently acts as Technical Advisor for a range of outdoor and expedition businesses and educational establishments. He has also worked on a selection of film and television projects.
To be able to offer this service we feel he has everything needed....
- Mountaineering Instructor Certificate (the highest qualification under the UK framework).
- Appropriate educational qualifications (PGCE and Higher Level Certificate in Teaching Studies).
- OCR Certificate in Off-site Safety Management (a national qualification covering all safety issues relating to visits and off-site activities).
- Personal Protective Equipment Certificate (demonstrates an up to date knowledge of current PPE legislation and best practice).
- Full member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) and previously a member of the AMI committee.
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society
- Leading Practitioner of the Institute of Outdoor Learning (an intensive process of reflection that requires successful candidates to demonstrate they are contributing to the outdoor industry and outdoor learning at the highest levels).
- Other relevant qualifications in kayaking (including white water safety), orienteering, mountain biking and archery.
- 31 years experience in outdoor education in a wide range of organisations (Scout Association, various outdoor centres, Youth Service, primary and secondary education).
- 14 years experience as an Educational Visits Co-ordinator and involvement in all types of planning and running off site visits.
- A high level of personal experience in all mountain related activities.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Ongoing involvement in both outdoor education and mainstream education.
If you need our help please get in touch.