Introductory - November 2012
1-Day Introductory Skills
Our introductory skills course suits anyone who can ride a bike confidently on roads but hasn’t sampled the delights of off-road riding yet. We will cover lots of essential skills on terrain that gradually increases in difficulty to let your skills progress at a level that suits you. We match the ride to the fitness levels within the group but on this course rides will usually be around 15-20km in length.
Skills covered will include;
- Safety and trail etiquette
- Basic bike maintenance and set up
- How to deal with simple mechanical problems on rides and issues to consider when choosing equipment.
- Introductory climbing and safe descending.
- Techniques for cornering safely
- Tackling trail obstacles such as tree roots and drop-offs.
- Finding information on suitable rides to continue your development
By the end of this course you will be confident to move your riding on and to plan and ride some routes under your own steam – or maybe move on to our intermediate course….