Outdoor First Aid
Our two-day (16 hour) Outdoor First Aid course is ideal for outdoor instructors, Duke of Edinburgh Award leaders and participants, teachers and all outdoor enthusiasts. They are also suitable if you need an outdoor first aid qualification to revalidate your NGB awards.
Our 2 days Outdoor First Aid courses cover
- Guidance on current best practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- A systematic approach to incident management in the outdoors
- Resuscitation procedures (including choking)
- Unconsciousness (causes and treatment)
- External bleeding, internal bleeding and shock
- Injury management in an outdoors environment
- Illness recognition and management
- Managing heat and cold problems
- Incident management scenarios
As well as our scheduled dates we are always happy to arrange additional courses at your own venue or to run a bespoke course if you have a group looking for training. In the past we have delivered courses for, amongst others, outdoor centres, climbing clubs and schools. Please Get in Touch to discuss a competitive price.
All our courses are run from the Hollowford Centre. Hollowford is a brilliant outdoor centre set in a stunning location under the east face of Mam Tor in the Peak District National Park village of Castleton. The Hollowford Centre offers comfortable, purpose built surroundings and Castleton is packed with accommodation options for all budgets and a host of outdoor activities right on the doorstep. You won't find a better option for your first aid training.
- Venue address - Hollowford Centre, Castleton, Hope Valley, S33 8WB.
- Price £125 per person.
- 20% discount for MLTA, AMI, BCU and IOL members (making it £100).
- 50% discount for anyone booking a place in conjunction with one of our NGB award courses (please contact us for details of our NGB courses).
- Please note that our course fee INCLUDES a delicious lunch.