Emergency First Aid At Work
With widespread ownership of mobile phones, ever faster ambulance response times and a reduction of heavy (machine based) industry this six hour course is all that most people will ever need. The course is designed to give you the skills to manage a casualty for the vital 10 minutes it could take before the emergency services arrive.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to …
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
This qualification has been available to employers to meet their statutory obligations since October 1, 2009.
We run these courses regularly for schools and many other workplace environments. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.