Peak Mountaineering Coronavirus Update
Given the developing Coronavirus situation in the UK and overseas, we thought it prudent to issue some guidance regarding upcoming Peak Mountaineering courses and overseas expeditions. At the current time all our upcoming events are going ahead as planned. We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis and may issue further guidance if needed.
The government has published an action plan which advises that there is currently no rationale to close or cancel sporting events. Again, this may change as the situation changes.
With regard to our overseas trips we are again monitoring the situation and, as we have to consider each itinerary separately, we will offer specific guidance to individual participants.
If you are attending a Peak Mountaineering course we ask that you follow this information....
- We ask all attendees to maintain good personal hand and respiratory hygiene. There is official NHS information on this here.
- We ask participants who have returned to the UK from overseas travel to follow the government guidance here.
- Please do not attend a Peak Mountaineering course or expedition if you are confirmed to have contact with anyone who has tested positive to Coronavirus (unless you have since cleared an officially recognised self isolation period).
- Please do not attend a Peak Mountaineering course or expedition if you are displaying flu-like symptoms.
- Our standard Peak Mountaineering cancellation policy will apply as normal.
We do not want this issue to overly alarm course participants - we are simply trying to be as transparent and clear as possible about our current stance on the situation. We will update as required.
Posted by Paul