What to pack for scrambling
What's in the Pack? Course participants are always keen to know what to take for their adventures. So, in the first of a very occasional series, here's what Paul carries on a typical scrambling day (for higher grade scrambles where the use of a rope is anticipated). Please note that the amount of clothing taken varies according to conditions and time of year.....
Here's the list in roughly clockwise direction.....
2. Food & drink
3. Map & guidebook (he often takes the guidebook info on his phone)
4. Spare clothes (waterproofs, spare warm layer, hat and gloves as a minimum)
5. Rope (usually 35 metres of single rated rope)
7. Protection hardware (Paul wrote some advice on what protection to carry here)
8. Bothy shelter
9. First aid kit
10. Abseil tat
12. Suncream (depending on weather)
13. Headtorch & spare batteries
14. Sunglasses (depending on weather)
15. Personal Locator Beacon
16. Mobile Phone (not in photo)
Posted by Cal
Let's keep the conversation going…..
We are always really keen to receive comments about our blog posts. Please send any comments via our Contact Form and we'll add them to the page.