ITC First Aid Trainer candidates required....
Peak Mountaineering has been an ITC First Aid Training Centre for several years. We deliver first aid courses for industry and schools but the biggest part of our first aid provision is within the outdoor sector. As an ITC centre we are also supported by a 'cluster' system where we share best practice and some operating systems with other Peak District ITC providers.
For all the centres within our cluster the number of courses we offer has steadily grown and so, to allow for this continuing growth, we are seeking 2 high calibre trainee trainers for the coming 12 months.
This is a great opportunity to learn the skills required to deliver ITC courses and to be supported throughout the process by other experienced trainers. Our network will also allow you to gain experience in a variety of centres.
Our focus is always on the highest quality of delivery and maintaining the high standards and great reputation of both our centres and the ITC brand. If you are based in or near the Peak District and think you might have the skills and commitment we are really keen to hear from you. We will be making a charge of £600 for the 2 day training course and a personally tailored mentoring programme. Candidates must also expect some additional costs as their training progresses (such as aquiring the equipment needed to deliver their own courses) and must also be prepared to give up time to observe and assist on courses. As training progresses there will be paid opportunities to work on courses so it is realistic to expect that some or all of the outlay will be recouped.
- comfortable delivering training to a group of people in both a classroom and outdoor context
- hold a First aid at Work qualification
- an experienced outdoor practitioner ideally holding at least one NGB award
- a qualified teacher (a suitable minimum alternative would be to obtain a PETLS qualification which costs around £250 and takes about six weeks as a correspondence course)
- a licenced driver with your own vehicle
- based in and around the Peak District (you're likely to be on courses that stretch from Sheffield to Manchester)
So, if you think you have what it takes please call us on 01433 620283 (and ask to speak to Paul) or email us via our Contact form here to discuss it further.
Posted by Cal